Air Conditioning Installation
In Northwest Arkansas & thinking about replacing your AC? Read on.
Tips for saving money
Replacing an AC unit is a huge and oftentimes scary investment for most people. Like many investments though, you can save a lot of money on it if you do it right. The following are steps we'd recommend everybody take if considering replacement of an aging or broken AC unit.
1. Get all the utility rebates and tax credits you can. Local utilities like SWEPCO and Black Hills offer thousands of dollars in rebates for buying energy efficient AC systems and the federal government offers tax credits. See our post here for a complete list of them.
2. Think hard on repair vs replacement. A lot of people get stuck in the predicament of having to choose between an expensive repair for an aging system vs just getting a new system. A couple things need to be considered:
- I. Age of your system. The average AC unit in the United States lasts 18 years with heat pumps lasting a bit less at 15 years. If you're close to that, you may strongly consider replacement. If not, repairing your current unit may be the way to go. Keep in mind that if your system is "builder grade" (was installed with the house), it may only last 10-12 years.
- II. Type of refrigerant in your system. If your system uses R-22 refrigerant, there's a good chance you'll want to skip the repair and go with the replacement. R-22 was banned from manufacturing on January 1, 2020 and pricing for it will make you sick.
3. Get multiple quotes. "Duh", I know, but you'd be surprised how many people just get one quote for an AC replacement. Always play it safe and get two or three quotes to make sure no one is trying to take you for a ride. You can also read our post here here on how much it costs to replace an AC system in Northwest Arkansas. It has real quotes, utility bills pre and post change-out, and more.
Need an AC install quote in Northwest Arkansas? Call Franklin at (479) 282-0003 or just tap the message bubble in the bottom right to schedule.
Our most recent Google reviews:
Note: This is not a "filtered" feed of only positive reviews. This is truly a live feed of real reviews from Google — good, bad, and everything in between. Despite trying desperately, we're not perfect. Why hide it?
Proudly serving Northwest